Peter Pan Goes Wrong
UK Tour with West End Christmas Season
Kenny Wax Ltd is one of the leading Production Companies operating in the West End and on Tour. We are a company that offers a work culture that nurtures and encourages personal and professional development. We encourage diversity and inclusion across all our shows and welcome applications from all backgrounds and levels of experience. Peter Pan Goes Wrong is one of KWL’s big successes both on stage and screen and is now playing on Broadway where it has just won a Drama Desk Award.
This is a rare opportunity for a new director to join this show and the wider Mischief empire which continues to flourish worldwide across both stage and screen, with the potential for future opportunities for the right candidate.
Salary: minimum £650 per week
Dates: applicants must be available full time (including evenings) from 21st August – 8th October 2023. Ad-hoc work prior to and following this may be required and will be scheduled as mutually beneficial.
Start Date: August 2023
Location: London rehearsal studio (Zone 3) plus touring weeks in Richmond and Aylesbury
Personal Attributes: We are looking for applicants with previous Assistant and/or Resident Director experience, ideally with farce, clowning and/or improvisation. Candidates must have a positive attitude and sense of humour along with exceptional organisational and scheduling skills. Previous experience of working on productions with stunts/flying is desirable.
- To learn the show from the Associate Director and attend full time in the rehearsal room;
- To particularly focus on leading the understudies in learning their cover tracks and teching them into the show alongside the Associate Director and stage management team;
- To carry out scheduling and administrative tasks during rehearsals to support the Associate Director as necessary;
- To ensure the safest possible working environment at all times, and that all Health and Safety procedure and practice is adhered to as directed by the production and stage management team;
- To attend full time on the first 2 touring weeks of the show;
- To compile and distribute show reports;
- To put contribute proactively and positively to maintaining the wellbeing of the touring cast;
- Following the first 2 touring weeks of the show, to attend on an ad-hoc basis as required should the Associate Director not be available. Such attendance to be subject to mutual attendance and additional payment;
- Any other reasonable duty that would normally fall within the remit of an Assistant Director based on industry norms and practice.
- Person Specification:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive and flexible attitude;
- Previous Assistant and/or Resident Director experience;
- Previous directing experience on a commercial play is desirable.