Deputy Head of Wardrobe
DEPUTY HEAD OF WARDROBE
Peter Pan Goes Wrong
UK Tour with West End Christmas Season
Kenny Wax Ltd is one of the leading Production Companies operating in the West End and on Tour. Peter Pan Goes Wrong is one of its big successes both on stage and screen and will soon be opening on Broadway. We are a company that offers a work culture that nurtures and encourages personal and professional development. We encourage diversity and inclusion across all our shows and welcome applications from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
Deputy Head of Wardrobe
Salary: £716.90 per performance week plus touring allowance & travel
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, First Aid Training if needed, Wellbeing and Resilience programmes, access to physiotherapy
Contract: Fixed Term 32 weeks
Show schedule: performances are 6 days per week either Monday – Saturday or Tuesday – Sunday depending on each venue’s schedule.
Holiday: 28 days per year
Start Date: August 2023
Location: Various UK Touring venues & the West End
Personal Attributes: We are looking for applicants with previous wardrobe experience in a similar role on tour or the West End. The role requires someone who has a strong ability to work as part of a team and in high pressure situations. Last minute cast changes are normal on this production, so applicants must be able to adapt quickly.
- To support the Head of Wardrobe in the performance of their duties and deputise for them when necessary;
- To maintain the costumes and accessories to the standard required by the Designer and Costume Supervisor;
- To support the Head of Wardrobe to clean and launder all costumes in the manner and frequency required to maintain the appearance of the costumes, including co-ordinating dry cleaning;
- To take a show dressing plot - undertaking costume changes during the performance as required;
- To fit and alter costumes as needed during the run of the production including Understudies;
- To carry out running repairs on costumes as required;
- To follow up on all notes made by the team regarding costumes in their care, checking for accuracy and to maintain the master costume bible;
- To support the Head of Wardrobe in maintaining the department COSHH record / Health and Safety and good housekeeping procedure;
- To ensure that each touring venue’s running wardrobe room and all costumes in dressing rooms are kept in a clean and tidy manner;
- Any other reasonable duty that would normally fall within the remit of a Deputy Head of Wardrobe based on industry norms and practice.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive and flexible attitude;
- Previous experience of UK Touring;
- Previous experience of working as part a team;
- Excellent sewing skills and working knowledge of theatre costume;
- Respectful approach and consideration of others, bearing in mind the potentially sensitive nature of wardrobe/costume work;
- Experience of wardrobe maintenance and dressing actors on productions of similar scale and type;
- The ability to work well with actors and creative team;
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise;
- Awareness of current health & safety legislation;
- Experience with performer flying is desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of UK Theatre & SOLT Equity and BECTU agreements.