Peter Pan Goes Wrong
UK Tour with West End Christmas Season
Kenny Wax Ltd is one of the leading Production Companies operating in the West End and on Tour. Peter Pan Goes Wrong is one of its big successes both on stage and screen, and will soon be opening on Broadway. We are a company that offers a work culture that nurtures and encourages personal and professional development. We encourage diversity and inclusion across all our shows and welcome applications from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
Salary: £850 per performance week plus touring allowance & travel
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, First Aid Training if needed, Wellbeing and Resilience programmes, access to physiotherapy
Contract: Fixed Term 32 weeks
Show schedule: performances are 6 days per week either Monday – Saturday or Tuesday – Sunday depending on each venue’s schedule.
Holiday: 28 days per year
Start Date: August 2023
Location: Various UK Touring venues & the West End
Personal Attributes: We are looking for applicants with previous Stage Management experience. The role requires someone who has a strong all round technical background with particular knowledge of performer flying and automation. A very strong knowledge of Health and Safety procedures would be desirable due to the physicality of the show. Last minute cast changes are normal on this production, so applicants must be able to adapt quickly.
- To directly manage the Stage Management team and the running of all performances of the production;
- To manage the day-to-day running of the on-stage elements of the production including all rehearsals and performances;
- To perform a show plot;
- To deputise for the Company Manager where necessary;
- Alongside the Company Manager, to manage and schedule the Stage Management department;
- With the Technical HOD’s, to oversee and implement the Tech ASM’s schedule, taking into consideration the needs of all departments;
- To contribute to show reports and other production related paperwork;
- To oversee the maintenance and repairs/replacements of the production;
- To take part in maintenance calls and attend understudy rehearsals as required;
- To lead the Stage Management team with rehearsal requirements including: script copies, stage mark-up, rehearsal and prop requests;
- To liaise with venues ahead of each load in;
- To lead the load in and load out of the production at each venue;
- Any other reasonable duty that would normally fall within the remit of a Stage Manager based on industry norms and practice.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive and flexible attitude;
- Previous experience of UK Touring;
- Previous experience of leading a team;
- The ability to work well with actors and creative team;
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise;
- Confidence in leading sensitive conversations;
- Awareness of current health & safety legislation;
- Experience with performer flying is desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of UK Theatre & SOLT Equity and BECTU agreements.